Mental Health Resources
If you are in crisis and need immediate help, please call 911 or 1.800.273.8255.
Ideas & Tips to Help Your Mental Health
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditateexternal icon. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep, and avoid alcohol and drugsexternal icon.
- Make time to unwind. Try to do some other activities you enjoy.
- Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
Activities that distract you from current events can be helpful. Here are a few ideas:
- Household chores, such as spring cleaning, will give you a sense of purpose and accomplishment when completed.
- Free online university courses and courses through cousera, such as Yale University’s most popular class ever: The Science of Well-Being. They offer a great learning opportunity.
- Movies are moving from theaters to online. Netflix is also a good option.
- TV programming has expanded during the crisis, particularly through streaming services like Netflix. You can also currently stream the Met Opera for free. The NFL and NBA are also offering complementary access to online streaming platforms.
Hope for Mental Health | Webinar with Kay Warren
Navigating Mental Health During Quarantine | Podcast from be nice.
The New Mental Health Research on Coronavirus | Article from Psychology Today
Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19 | Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Coronavirus: Mental Health Coping Strategies | National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI)
Resilience Strategies During a Pandemic | Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services
ArticleWisdom From The FatherBy Pastor Eric Everhart Being new to West Michigan culture, we quickly realized how vital a milestone high school graduation is for students and parents. With parties, open houses, family, and graduation day itself, this is a special time...
News + AnnouncementsCongratulations 2020 Graduates!This has certainly been an unusual end-of-the-school-year for you, but Friendship Church still wants to acknowledge your accomplishment in our 2020 Graduation booklet. If you are graduating from middle school, high...
News + AnnouncementsChristian Education Tuition AssistanceApplication forms have been sent via email for the upcoming school year. If you haven't received a form, please contact Greg Warners at 269-509-2112 or email@example.com. Assistance is available for...